Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,721 to 1,739 of 1,739

Ravix

A bunch of wallet fund vouchers with a tasty discount. Not the most exciting purchase as I don't know exactly what games I'm going to get, but I feel like sale season is coming in fast and, of course, at some point the pre orders for KCDII will go live 😍 If nothing catches my eye in the sales it will probably still be PS plus games or games I already own I'm playing until Star Wars: Outlaws drops anyway (not going to pre order that, thank you very much ubisoft and your ridiculous editions) but that is one game i'm really looking forward to trying, more than most in my backlog or wishlist tbh.

And I will say it again, watch out for the incoming sale, all. When the days of play one drops it will most likely be better than the other sales, so keep your powder dry if you have some games on your wishlist and you love getting better value 🫡

Edited on by Ravix

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

LtSarge

Decided to pick up a few DLCs. I got the Rising Tide DLC for Final Fantasy XVI. Really excited to start this up, I absolutely love FFXVI so I'm stoked to get back into this game. I also got the season pass for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's on sale for roughly €10, which is the lowest I've seen the season pass go for so I just had to get it now. So now I have the base game, the season pass as well as the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion, which means I'm ready to start up Valhalla. I loved Origins and Odyssey, including their DLCs, so I'm looking forward to playing Valhalla.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge See you 200 hours later once you start Valhalla.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

HallowMoonshadow

Baldur's Gate III. Ordered the fancy schmancy Physical Print edition.

Still don't have a PS5 just yet but I'll be getting one soon and seeing as the physical version of BG3 is a limited time thing... I bit the bullet and treated myself

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Nice! Really excited for you to get your hands on the ol’ PS5. Are you going to get the slim version or the original? Or the forthcoming (?) much-rumored Pro?

And I’ll be really curious about how you get along with BG3 also, given your love of Larian’s previous stuff. Well, at least DOS2, as I recall your being disappointed by DOS1.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I hadn't really thought about it to be honest @Th3solution. Don't think I'll bother with a pro though (I never bothered with a PS4 pro after all) so it'll probably just be a slim unless I find a good deal on an older one.

It was the story for DOS I that really rubbed me the wrong way & I wasn't a huge fan of the companions either.

DOS II on the other hand was better in every regard imo and the companions in BG III look great too so... I'm really looking forward to it!

Plus all the nice physical tat too I'll be getting like the map, the old style pc game box, stickers, patches & soundtrack is a nice little bonus!

And worst case scenario I don't end up liking BGIII... I can sell it this way unlike having the digital version

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Oh for sure. I reckon that you could probably even sell the physical copy for a profit.

Every time I think I’m ready to start BG3, there’s some new updates coming so I’ve pushed it back for maybe late summer. We’ll see. They’re supposed to add some mod support and some new story bits, so hopefully that happens in the next couple months while I toil away in Drangleic.

Perhaps we’ll end up playing it around the same time at that rate. Although me on the peasant digital version. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

If it wasn't for the shipping the physical version would've only been £12 more from it's £57.99 digital price tag over here @Th3solution. And I believe I get the digital deluxe edition goodies too?

So not that crazy in terms of price! You're not that much of a peasant sol! I'm usually really cheap with my games

And maybe we will! We may've missed the main buzz and hype but hopefully we'll much more smooth and fun experience with it!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow Yeah, the BG3 buzz has quieted down a little bit, but I expect there might be a small spike in player engagement when this next big update drops.

I hear Act 3 is in a lot better shape than it was on release, so I’m glad to have waited. I did play a little bit with a friend who’s been into it and the game seems really well polished and quite intricate. But from the small amount of gameplay I experienced, I’m going to need full attention to dedicate.

HallowMoonshadow

I have a friend who started it about a week ago @Th3solution and she's been really into it. Threatening to start all over again though because she can't seem to romance Karlach, the tiefling (demon) lady

And without a doubt you'll need your full attention and some good long play sessions to really dive in.... Trust me. I've played enough of these games by now to know you can't really half arse it!

LtSarge

@KilloWertz You know, I don't know if this was a good idea anymore. I was exploring the open world area in Jedi: Survivor and I got pretty fed up with it that I just wanted to move on with the story lol. Maybe I'm just not in the right mood, but hopefully I'll be that when I decide to start up Valhalla.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Koboh (I think that’s the name of that hub planet, iirc) can be really overwhelming. I tried to do as much as I could in the early game, but it is the case that you have to come back quite regularly and so you can leave much of it to explore later if you want. And the later planets and areas aren’t nearly as large and overwhelming as Koboh.

LtSarge

@Th3solution The problem was that I was exploring a fort and there were so many enemies that I had to retreat. It's so discouraging to explore when some places are more challenging than others. Not to mention that I don't have all abilities necessary to fully explore the place. So I decided to just give up and come back later. It makes more sense to do this later when I have more skills as well as stims.

But yeah, in the case of Survivor, the open world area is too big. I feel like it would've been a better idea if they had walled off most of it when you got done with your first main objective on the planet just to keep a good pacing. It's not really a good balance to spend 2-3 hours doing story and 10 hours exploring an open world.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge I tend to agree. Although I tend to play my games so slowly and in smaller, less frequent play sessions that I didn’t feel the tedium of the that ten hour stretch. But I do tend to agree that it would have flowed better to not spend too much time there when you’re really not ready to take on some of those hoards yet.

If you do want to try to get through some of those areas whilst you’re still under leveled, you do always have the option to crank down the difficulty to Padowan and then you also have additional sliders for slowing down combat, so you can make almost any encounter impossible to lose.

I think I know which area you’re speaking of — there’s a fort that’s fairly tough. And if memory serves you run the risk of wandering into a pretty tough boss there too, so you are wise to move on for now.

But like I say, you’ll have similar challenges on other planets where there’s Metroidvania style unobtainable areas you don’t have the skill to get to yet. But they are all much smaller and you aren’t as prone to get lost exploring for hours like on Koboh

Th3solution

Since it’s the last day on sale, I went ahead and got Resident Evil 4 Remake for $20. For a GOTY contender that’s only a year old, I figured the price was right. I was reluctant because I just didn’t really get along with the original RE4 when I tried to play it a couple years ago. It was the first RE game that I just wasn’t enjoying and I never even finished it because I lost interest and patience with it. But most of my issues were the frustration of the weird controls, and so I’m taking a chance on the updated Remake to have fixed all that.

LtSarge

@Th3solution I've had two sessions with the game since my last post. Yesterday I managed to get through two planets and it was a blast to just progress through the story. Today I explored Koboh a bit more because one of the new main objectives is here now. That was a huge mistake as I ran into the tough boss at the fort you mentioned and it beat the crap out of me.

Exploring just feels so god damn pointless in this game. Either you won't find anything, or you can't unlock a certain part yet, or you'll find a useless cosmetic item, or if you're lucky you'll find a permanent upgrade but these aren't game-changing in any way. Only thing worth going for is additional stims but there aren't many of those hidden and you can even find them through story progression.

This is one of those times where making a game open world just sours the experience immensely. I'm just going to focus completely on the story now and not bother exploring the open world at all.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Yeah, that’s all fair and I can’t disagree. The copious cosmetic collectibles did get tiresome. Actually to be honest, it’s one of the things about my recent experience with Spider-Man 2 with all suits you could get which I also felt was superfluous. I like character customization, but at some point there’s just no way you’ll ever use all the options. In the case of Jedi Survivor, the added facial hair and hairstyles on top of the clothing options, saber options, and droid options made for way more than was necessary. So I can see your frustration with that.

I did still find enjoyment with exploration though, even when the reward for the efforts was just some new color scheme for your saber handle that you won’t even be able to see during gameplay. I think for me it was just more about the challenge of 100%ing the area.

Ravix

AC Mirage, because why not. A decent enough sale and not getting along with Spider-Man 2 has driven me to pick this up now. The AC Shadow announcement incoming probably helped a little, too.

So far the world looks nice, and I'm always ready to immerse myself in some historical fiction. I'll get on this properly tomorrow evening and see how it plays compared to the last few

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Bentleyma

I just finished Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, so I was looking for something to play next and I went with Sand Land. Looking forward to spending my two days off with it after today.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic